Many Michigan families are feeling unsure about sending their children back to the classroom this fall. This past year, every family in Michigan experienced an unusual and unplanned school year. Moms and dads were called upon to figure out how to give their children not only a good academic education, but also how to keep […]
You can Homeschool. We can Help.
A Michigan Homeschool Diploma can be issued by parents. In Michigan, homeschools are considered nonpublic schools. By taking responsibility for your child’s education, you are also taking responsibility for maintaining education records, establishing graduation requirements, and issuing a diploma. Maintain Education Records Michigan law does not dictate HOW homeschool families should keep records. This freedom allows […]
Join us next spring for our 39th Annual Michigan Home School Conference!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW FOR INCH 2022
Michigan's Inspirational Networking Conference for Homeschoolers (INCH)
May 19-21, 2022 in Lansing, Michigan
- Conferences – We host over 2,000 attendees in Lansing annually on the third weekend of May at our two day INCH Conference- the Inspirational Networking Conference for Homeschoolers. INCH is a Christ-centered event established to educate, encourage, exhort, and equip Michigan’s home educating families, with a focus on Biblical home discipleship. We also offer smaller “INCH on the Road” conferences around the state throughout the year.
- Communication – We are connected to over 5,000 homeschooling families throughout the state, whom we regularly touch through email and social media, casting vision and sharing home education and discipleship ideas, information, opportunities, & resources from a Biblical worldview.
- Connections – Creating a state-wide community of Christian homeschooling families, networked through our 9 regional representatives and hundreds of homeschool leaders, unified for encouragement, support, and mutual benefit.
- Leadership – Assisting local Christian homeschool support groups and home discipleship ministries, equipping leaders at annual retreats and training events, building a strong leadership network throughout the state.
- A consistent voice in the Capitol – Continually engaging legislators and monitoring public policy through our legislative liaisons, encouraging homeschool families to connect with their legislators and participate in the political process, and offering our annual Day Under the Dome: Homeschool Day at the Capitol event – all to ensure our continued freedom to home educate in Michigan.
Michigan Christian Homeschool Network (MICHN) is a 501-c-3 not-for-profit ministry. Your donations are tax deductible. Your support allows us to serve Michigan homeschooling families, and we could not do that without you. A … Sign Up Now about Support the MiCHN
In Michigan, we currently have much freedom to choose homeschooling as a viable educational choice for our children, and homeschoolers are clearly protected under the law. This was not the case in the early days of the … Read More about Building Bridges with the Legislature